I am so excited to tell you that soon I will be packing up and leaving for England! I’ll be living in a small town called Harpenden – about 45 minutes outside of London.
What in the world am I going to be doing there!? Glad you asked! I have been presented with an amazing oportunity to participate in a 6 month program called Discipleship Training School through YWAM (Youth With A Mission).
What the heck is YWAM!?
- Youth With A Mission is an international volunteer movement of Christians from many backgrounds and cultures, dedicated to serving Christ throughout the world!
What the heck is a DTS!?
- A school where students of diverse backgrounds come together for an in-depth teaching and training in Christian living, ministering to the poor and needy and evangelism
- Designed to motivate and equip students to participate in the fulfillment of the Great Commission and to challenge them to “Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation” (Mark 16:15)
- Broken up into two parts:
- Lecture phase – learning more about how amazing God is and growing spiritually!
- Outreach phase – Putting what you’ve learned into action by going on an evangelistic and service-based outreach to another country and sharing Christ with those who need Him most!
Basically, this is the most exciting and life changing adventure I could ever hope to be a part of!
The most important thing you can do for me is to pray for me as I go through this transition in my life. I need prayer for wisdom, discernment, protection, and direction and for God to transform my life! I know that there is power in prayer, and I appreciate you taking the time to help me in this way.
Another prayer concern is for financial support. The fees for this school involve not only school fees but also my living and travel expenses over this six-month period. I ask that you would prayerfully consider giving towards this endeavor and if you do feel led to support me financially, I will be forever grateful.
If you do feel led to contribute, you can do so through a secure donation at www.indiegogo.com/AdenYWAM. You can also feel free to send checks or cash if that’s something you’re more comfortable doing! Please know that you are not only investing in me, but also investing in the kingdom of God!
I am so thankful for this privilege to serve the Lord and learn about Him in many new ways. I want to thank you in advance for your prayer and any financial gift you may feel led to give.
Please feel free to contact me anytime with questions, concerns, or just to talk. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find me on Facebook, twitter and you can of course follow me through this journey here on my blog!